Do you spend an age curling your hair only to find the curls are already dropping out by the time you reach your front door?
Bronte Wooding, KH Hair Creative Team member and stylist at KH Hair Hinckley gives her top tips to help you create, and keep, curl perfection:
- Don’t wash your hair right before curling – the hair will be too soft and conditioned to hold the curl
- Making sure your hair is prepped with the right hair products is essential! A volume spray/ mousse is great to apply before blow drying to give the hair more hold
- Always check the hot tool you are using is at the correct temperature for your hair. This will ensure your curls will hold! Thicker hair requires a hotter temperature to hair that is finer
- For extra hold you can set the curls by using clips. This allows the hair to cool and set the curls for longer
- Make sure you use the correct size curling tong for your hair length. The smaller the tong the tighter the curl, the larger the tong the bigger the curl.
- Always finish with an good amount of hair finishing spray to hold the curls. You can buy different strengths of hold depending on the result you would like