EXPLORE 100 YEARS
KH Hair Group is celebrating one hundred years of history
KH Hair Group is, today, Darren Messias.
Darren joined the company in 1989 and has since worked his way up from the salon floor. As director for the KH Hair Group, he leads the acclaimed Creative and Colour Teams as they represent the brand both nationally and internationally at photo shoots, on the catwalks, in the press and at industry shows. In 1994, Darren was a member of the exclusive Fellowship F.A.M.E Team with Errol Douglas and, in 2003, was winner of the Best Men’s Collection at the AIPP Awards.
Darren can often be found judging at leading industry awards and is regularly featured in hairdressing and consumer press. In 2016 he received the Fellow with Honours award from the Fellowship for British Hairdressing , marking his contribution to the Fellowship and the industry as a whole.
- Mr Arthur Hall opens his first salon in Long Eaton
- Mr Keith Hall joins the family business in charge of Chair No.6
- Mr Keith Hall leaves the salon to join the Royal Air Force and in 1942 qualifies as a flying instructor. In 1943 Mr Keith Hall is awarded an MBE for ‘gallantry not in the face of the enemy‘
Back to Business
- Mr Keith Hall returns to the family hairdressing business
- Mr Keith Hall ventures to London for one year to train with Charles Pluckrose of Wigmore Street.
- Stephen Messias is headhunted from Vidal Sassoon
- Tim Fee joins the business as an apprentice
- Mr Keith Hall is appointed President of Intercoiffure Mondial
He was bestowed the title of Honorary President in the late 80s
- Mr Keith Hall retires from the business and the franchise model is adopted
- Darren Messias joins the business as an apprentice
- Darren and Tim become joint managing directors
- Keith Hall is re-branded to KH Hair and the KH Hair Colour Team is formed
- Darren recieves a Fellow with Honours Award from the Fellowship for British Hairdressing
After 44 Years
- Tim Fee retires