KH Hair recognises top talent at annual awards ceremony
It was a much-anticipated night in the East Midlands as KH Hair, came together to celebrate individual and team achievements at the Group’s glittering annual awards ceremony.
The much-anticipated event took place on 21 May at Metronome in Nottingham city centre, where KH Hair’s 200+ staff came together to celebrate the top achievers from the Group’s 21 salons which are situated across the East Midlands. KH Hair Group’s managing director, Darren Messias, began the proceedings by acknowledging 12 individuals for their long service to the company before 25 awards were handed out to this year’s top teams and individuals.
The most sought after accolade of the night, Salon of the Year, was awarded to KH Hair in Mansfield for an exemplary performance in customer service, turnover and retail sales. Salon director, Jane Fletcher, whose team also scooped the Salon Turnover Improvement Award and the Salon Retail Improvement Award sponsored by Wella, says she was extremely proud of her team’s achievements. “I was overwhelmed if I’m honest,” she said. “All of us are dedicated to looking after our amazing clients and giving them the very best in-salon experience and to have this recognised in front of the rest of the KH Hair family is very humbling. This comes at the perfect time as we’re looking to grow our team with the addition of a part-time stylist. A huge thank you to my fabulous team and to our wonderful, loyal clients who continue to support us.”
The team at KH Hair’s Nottingham city centre salon were equally delighted as they took to the stage to receive a total of five awards including the Salon Highest Turnover Award and two individual accolades for style director, Steve McEntee. There were celebrations too for KH Hair Arnold who were winners of five awards which included the coveted Image of the Year Award and the Salon Clients Award. Notts salons rounded up their 19-strong tally of awards with the teams from Beeston and Sutton in Ashfield salons also being honoured for their achievements.
Awards also went to KH Hair salons in Leicester, Loughborough, Derby and Ripley.
During the evening, guests were entertained by The Noise Next Door, the UK’s premier improv’ comedy troupe who have sold out the Edinburgh Fringe Festival an impressive twelve times. Taking audience suggestions and transforming them into fantastically funny scenes and songs, the cheeky and charming quartet delivered a perfect blend of ludicrous characters, witty one-liners and explosive physicality, leaving their audience crying with laughter.
Following the show, guests were invited to enjoy a selection of food and drink in the atrium while the main room was transformed into a disco where the guests were able to dance the night away to end a perfect evening of recognition and celebration.
Commenting on the event, Darren, said: “Our KH Hair Awards are always the highlight of the year for us as a company. It’s the only time all 21 salons get together to recognise and celebrate individual and team achievements which we feel are so important to acknowledge. We find the Awards create great motivation within our salons and it’s a fantastic opportunity to catch up with the whole KH Hair family. Many congratulations to all the winners and thank you to all our teams for your hard work and support over the past year.”
Full list of awards:
• Individual Turnover Award – Steve McEntee (Nottingham)
• Individual Retail Award – Steve McEntee (Nottingham)
• Individual Clients Award – Erica Miller (Sutton)
• 1st Year Award – Megan Black (Leicester)
• The Menai Robinson 2nd Year Award – Megan Maloney (Leicester)
• 3rd Year Award – Amelia Krazinski (Arnold)
• Rising Star Award – Liwsi Griffiths (Loughborough)
• Salon Highest Turnover Award – Nottingham
• Salon Clients Award – Arnold
• Salon Highest Retail Award – Nottingham
• Marketing Award sponsored by Toast PR – Arnold and Nottingham
• Image of the Year – Arnold
• Master Colour Award – Hayley Tuttey (Sadlergate)
• GHD Retail Award – Beeston
• Salon Colour Award – Sutton
• Salon Turnover Improvement Award – Mansfield
• Salon Retail Improvement Award sponsored by Wella – Mansfield
• Salon Retail Improvement Award sponsored by Sebastian – Beeston
• Salon Service Award – Ripley
• Salon of the Year Award – Mansfield
• Outstanding Service Award – Linda Buni – Derby St Peters – 45 years
• Outstanding Service Award – Briar Gosnell – Beeston- 31 years
• Outstanding Service Award – Elizabeth O’Neil – Arnold – 30 years
• Special Recognition Award – Helen Geary (Head Office)